Permanent. Full Time.
£22000 - £26000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, Monday – Friday, 8am to 4.30pm or 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch
Our client based in Cheshire requires a Payroll Administrator to join their team. You will be primarily responsible for assisting with the administration and processing of payrolls within the team.
As a Payroll Administrator, you’re key duties will include:
- Responsible for the day to day admin of small to medium size client payrolls from end to end with little or no supervision
- Use STAR/IRIS Payroll Professional software efficiently, including import/exports
- To process all types of manual payroll calculations, including Director’s NI
- To have an extensive knowledge of PAYE/NIC and statutory payments eg redundancy, SMP/SAP, SPP and SSP when running client payrolls
- To possess knowledge of auto enrolment pension schemes for the purpose of payroll processing, including the AE process and pension upload to pension providers websites
- To send BACS payments
- Assist with small client setups
- Proactively develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance
- Proactively carry out payroll reconciliations and analysis with no supervision
- Proactively liaise with HMRC and assist with more technical enquiries when they arise
- To use own initiative to resolve issues and to assist the team where possible, by providing a range of solutions and seeking advice where necessary
- Develops and maintain relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Good IT skills, including a good knowledge of Excel
- Previous payroll knowledge, ideally within a professional services environment
- Demonstrates up to date knowledge of current payroll legislation and is confident in using payroll software, specifically STAR
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with clients and staff
- Organises own work and possess the ability to prioritise own tasks
- Good numeracy skills
- Demonstrates attention to detail and a high concern for accuracy
- Demonstrates an appreciation of the importance of teamwork and responds willingly to all team members reasonable requests
If you feel that you have the skills to be successful in this role, please apply now.
This role is being advertised on behalf of Appointments Personnel who are acting as an employment agency.
Contact Name: Appointments Personnel
Contact Number: 01782 338787