Stoke on Trent,
Up to £25000 per annum + OTE £50k
Business Development Manager
This role as a Business Development Manager is a key position to support and deliver this growth and as a result, the career prospects are exceptional for the right candidate. The purpose of the role is to generate and win new business. You will generate new business through your own targeted sales activity and leads from marketing.
Working closely with the Managing Director, you will be responsible for guiding new opportunities through the sales process; ensuring profit targets are achieved. Once a new account is won, you will be responsible for creating a strategic account plan and managing a communications strategy. Clear, consistent communication internally and externally, combined with a consistent attitude towards client follow up is a basic expectation for this role.
Key Rewards for this role are:
- Attractive basic salary of £25,000 with uncapped target earnings (OTE) of £50,000
- Company Car, Mobile Phone and Laptop (or Bring Your Own Device contribution)
- Company Pension
- Flexible working hours and days
- Outstanding training and development programme, including mentoring from our award winning team
- Formal training to achieve industry qualifications, vendor-partner training
- Rapid career progression opportunities with our growing company
- Bike-to-work scheme
- Child Care Vouchers
- A Day off on your birthday
- Christmas Shopping Days
- Regular social events with team days / nights out
As a Business Development Manager you will be able to lead and challenge prospects to make them think differently about technology and position how we can help. Strong business acumen and outstanding communication skills (written, verbal by telephone, and face to face) are essential. You will be expected to spend lots of time travelling through the UK to meet prospects face to face. A Car can be provided.
You will be comfortable managing other internal resources such as Technical Leads in order to educate prospects about new technologies and how best to use them for the benefit of their business.
A minimum of 3 years’ previous experience in a business to business sales role is required. You must be comfortable using CRM, Microsoft Office tools. You must be able to understand Cyber Security concepts and cloud technologies such as Office365 and AWS from the outset so experience in an IT or technology based field is essential.
Our office is often fast-paced and the ability to work under pressure important to the role. A natural focus on hunting new business essential, as is an ability to manage time and workload effectively.
We rely on excellent relationships amongst our team and are looking for a candidate who will enjoy working closely with others. We operate an open door policy at all times, and welcome individuals who are happy to share their ideas and become part of our culture of improvement and support for one another.
Key Tasks & responsibilities
- Generate and win new business opportunities
- Develop a local and regional network to find new opportunities
- Develop a specific list of prospects within a framework
- Target specific list of prospects to generate interest and opportunity
- Lead and challenge prospective key stakeholders to position how we can help
- Meet and exceed sales targets
- Develop a regular recurring income through support and cloud services
- Identify, develop and close IT Infrastructure projects
- Present commercial and technical recommendations
- Liaise with Technical Leads to create recommendations
- Contribute and manage final-sign off for proposals/presentations
- Attend meetings with a technical lead to present recommendations
- Effectively manage client expectations for project delivery
- With newly won accounts, create and develop a strategic account plan
- Implement a communications strategy
- Identify strategic and tactical opportunities
Training & Development
Training and professional development is central to our culture. A comprehensive, personalised training programme will be designed during your probationary period and will be reviewed every 6 months. Training will comprise formal key account management training, vendor-partner training, shadowing managers/directors and mentoring from our award winning team.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Tenacity to find and develop new business
- Outstanding communication skills – face to face, telephone and written
- Strong business acumen
- Able to plan, prioritise and organise personal workloads to meet objectives and deadlines
- Ability to understand customer’ needs and challenge customers in a positive way
- Self-assured and confident individual
- Synergy with the company’s mission and values
- Takes ownership and is accountable
- Adaptable, embraces change
- Team player
- Problem solver
No specific qualifications are required for this role, although we would expect candidates to be able to demonstrate relevant experience and learning in the field.
If you feel that you have the passion and knowledge to be sucessful in this role, please apply now.
This role is being advertised on behalf of Appointments Personnel who are acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: JOB-4708_1515748907
Salary: Up to £25000 per annum + OTE £50k
Job Start Date: ASAP
Contact Name: Peter Donnelly
Contact Number: 01782 338787