Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire.
Permanent. Full Time.
SENIOR EXPORT OPERATOR
Location: Stoke on Trent
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm
Salary: Dependent on Experience
A well-established and highly successful business are currently seeking an experienced Export Operator to provide a valuable service in their Ocean Freight department.
As a Senior Export Administrator, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Handling of worldwide sea, export LCL and FCL shipments from start to finish
- Providing a high level of customer service at all times and building business relationships
- Liaising with customers, overseas agents and shipping lines
- Negotiating rated with providers to ensure maximum profit per shipment
- Dealing with any clearance queries and issues and resolving to minimize delays
- Arranging customs clearances using ASM Sequoia system
- Booking in jobs and handling complex export quotations
- Liaising with hauliers and internal transport teams
- Keeping customers advised and updated at all stages of the export process
- Approving vendor invoices, creating customers invoices and sending POD’s
The successful individual will obtain:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within an operations/transport office
- Ocean Export experience and knowledge of procedures and documentation are essential for this role
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong knowledge around FE consolidation
This vacancy has been advertised on behalf of Appointments Personnel, who are acting as an employment agency.
Contact Name: Sophie Farrell
Contact Number: 01782 338787