Ref: JOB 4555_1514898920
Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire.
Permanent. Full Time.
£25000 - £35000 per annum + DOE
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
My client is currently seeking a multi skilled maintenance engineer to work as part of a small team installing and servicing milking equipment on dairy farms. The location of this role will include servicing customers in Staffordshire, Cheshire & Derbyshire.
The successful candidate will be required to possess a proactive approach towards the maintenance, repair and improvement of equipment in order to support the larger objective of fulfilling the daily production plan and will be responsible for client equipment repairs in order to achieve maximum plant performance through smooth and continuous operation.
You must be able to work as part of a team and without supervision. Training is available for the successful candidate.
- Attend to mechanical & electrical breakdowns efficiently with minimal disruption to production
- Assess & identify the severity of any faults & liaise with the customers to advise the corrective action plan and timescales
- To perform regular inspections as per preventative maintenance program
- Manage stock of spare parts & report to Manager/Supervisor for purchasing requirements
- Investigate any reported problems from key production & process staff
- Ensuring all procedures onsite are adhered too
- Investigate and prevention of equipment failures
- Periodic servicing of machinery
- Modification and adaption of machinery for efficiency
- Excellent time management skills, able to make quick decisions, resolve issues and implement corrective actions
- A basic understanding of project management
- Good understanding of HSEQ standards and practices
- Multi-Skilled knowledge (electrical, automation and mechanical skills would be beneficial)
- Have an understanding of how to fault find and interrogate automation systems
- An in-depth understanding of mechanical and pneumatic systems and how they interact with electrical systems
Due to the 24hour breakdown service offered the hours of work are 8am to 4pm and one in three weekends you will be required to be on call. There will also be additional overtime due to the nature of the role. A full clean driving licence is required for this role.
Contact Name: Peter Donnelly
Contact Number: 01782 338787