Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire.
Permanent. Full Time.
Up to £39000 per annum
Job Title: Hardware Test Engineer
Our client a global technology and fleet management specialist are looking for a Hardware Test Engineer to join their growing team at their head office.
As a Hardware Test Engineer you will drive for superior product quality, champion continuous improvement and efficient development processes and deliver on projects to schedule.
Further duties include:
- Design and execute detailed test plans and test cases based on functional and technical specifications
- Accurately complete test documentation such as test results, trouble tickets or bug reports with detail description of problem identified, steps to reproduce and supporting data
- Quickly evaluate, understand, and creatively solve problems
- Interface with engineering, product managers, 3rd party suppliers/vendors, internal support/field engineering staff as needed for root cause analysis and resolution
- Communicate clearly to both technical and operational audiences, in writing, by phone, and in person
- Experience in testing hardware & software solutions
- Experience with GPS/Comms testing
- Knowledge of mobile device operating systems such as Android and iOS
- Knowledge of hardware test automation and methodology – experience with Lab View, Coded UI, C# & Python is a plus
- Methodical approach to device debug and log analysis
- Proven troubleshooting skills for problem identification and resolution
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and oral)
- Experience working in Sprints as part of a Scrum team
- Ability to proactively plan work using Story Points
- Experience writing test cases from User Stories, working closely with Development to ensure accurate coverage
- Champion for continuous improvement as part of retrospectives
- Practical experience with wiring and soldering
- Experience with OBD, J-Bus and CAN technologies is preferred
- Ability to travel as needed
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: up to £39,000 pa
Contact Name: Ebony Washington
Contact Number: 01782 338787