Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire.
Permanent. Full Time.
£40000 - £50000 per annum
FREIGHT OPERATIONS MANAGER
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications
My client is a well-established and successful transportation company and due to growth, are now seeking an experienced Operations Manager to manage the strategic and operational delivery of an effective sea and air service.
As the Operations Manager, your responsibilities will involve:
- Identifying and developing new markets for sea and air services
- Providing a high level of customer service and building strong business relationships with clients
- Working closely with internal and external departments
- Collaborating with and supporting the UK airfreight pricing
- Delivering department budgets, monthly reporting and margin improvements
- Managing the effective invoicing of customers in a timely and accurate manner
- Producing and analysing various reports regularly including financial costs, staffing, resources and customer feedback
- Complying with all policies specifically relating to health and safety
- Adhering to all legislation and government authorities relating to the business
- Handling accurate sea freight export quotations
- Developing and managing processes within the service to ensure efficient quotation, collection and delivery of goods to customers
- Monitoring and reporting on staff performance as well as conducting annual appraisals
- Negotiating with providers to ensure maximum profit per shipment
The successful candidate will obtain:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within an operations or transport office
- High level knowledge and experience of airfreight processes
- Ability to work to deadlines with a high level of accuracy
- Extensive knowledge and experience of ocean export processes and documentation
- The ability to build on existing business and maintain existing relationships
- A strong and effective leadership that can demonstrate the ability to meet targets
- Strong demonstrable communication skills with both external and internal stakeholders
This vacancy has been advertised on behalf of Appointments Personnel, who are acting as an employment agency.
Contact Name: Sophie Farrell
Contact Number: 01782 338787